Festive season is Locum season: Why taking a break from your vet practice is important
We understand that November to January is the busiest time of the year. But, also perfect for you as a vet practice owner to take the much-deserved leave you’ve been thinking about all year. It is also a wonderful opportunity for vet Locums to make supplemental income, grow, and share their skills.
By taking that break you are gifting yourself time to recuperate and return refreshed in the new year. The danger of not taking time off could result in burnout and avoidable mistakes. Chances are these toils may be costing you more than productivity. Keeping up the grind may be economically fruitful, but it can negatively impact your long-term performance and mental and physical health.
If you are experiencing brain fog, irritability or absent-mindedness, you are likely to be physically and mentally exhausted. Taking time to recharge allows time to reflect on yourself. It also allows time to come up with new ideas and solutions to what you may be struggling with.
Booking a vet Locum to take your place for a few days will alleviate some of the reasons you have not been using your vacation time.
Here are a few things to consider when planning your festive break:
- A vet Locum allows your Practice to keep up with current and excess patient loads. All while keeping the quality care standards of your Practice intact.
- Your Practice will continue billing because patients are being cared for and treated. This means there is no loss of cash flow to your Practice.
- Pet parents will appreciate not having to wait a week or two for an appointment and this may have increased trust in your Practice and service offering.
- Give some thought as to how much time you feel is necessary to onboard the Locum. Use this time to test whether they are the right fit for you and your patients. LocumBase provides the highest quality of verified vet Locums nationwide.
- You can keep a vet Locum on for a few days to make sure you do not feel overwhelmed upon your return. This transition period is crucial to keeping your energy levels stable.
Take your break and take control of your Practice growth today.